Browse the list of UK films and Co-productions at Cannes this year
The 70th Festival de Cannes will kick off on 17th May and UK FILM will be there one again supporting the excellent UK films and co-productions in selection – from both experienced, and debut directors.
In Competition we’re looking forward to the world premiere of You Were Never Really Here from BAFTA-winning director Lynne Ramsay. Oscar-nominated Yorgos Lanthimos will also compete for the coveted Palme d’Or with his latest co-produced film The Killing Of A Sacred Deer.
I Am Not A Witch (pictured) from BAFTA-nominated Rungano Nyoni is one of a only a handful of first features to be included in the Director’s Fortnight and will be eligible to vie for the Camera d’Or. Veteran actress Vanessa Redgrave marks her directorial debut with a Special Screening of Sea Sorrow, a documentary focusing on the on-going refugee crisis. UK/French Co-production A Prayer Before Dawn (Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire) features in Midnight Screenings.
Short film Real Gods Require Blood (Moin Hussain) will screen as part of Critic’s Week, A Drowning Man (Mahdi Fleifel) and Wild Horses from NFTS graduate Rory Stewart have also been announced.
See below for a listing of UK films in selection. Check back here for more updates.
- You Were Never Really Here Dir. Lynne Ramsay (UK/France/USA)
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer Dir. Yorgos Lanthimos (UK/Ireland/France/Greece/Netherlands Co-Pro)
OUT OF COMPETITION
- How To Talk To Girls At Parties Dir. John Cameron Mitchell (USA/UK)
I Am Not A Witch Dir. Rungano Nyoni (UK/France Co-Pro)
Sea Sorrow Dir. Vanessa Redgrave
- A Prayer Before Dawn Dir. Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire (UK/France Co-Pro)
- Blow Up Dir. Michelangelo Antonioni (UK/Italy/USA)
Real Gods Require Blood Dir. Moin Hussain
- A Drowning Man Dir. Mahdi Fleifel (UK/Denmark/Greece)
- Wild Horses Dir. Rory Stewart
CINÉMA DE LA PLAGE
- Bugsy Malone Dir. Alan Parker
- Chariots of Fire Dir. Hugh Hudson